Saturday, December 12, 2009

Chloe's Birthday

Today Chloe turned 7. I tried to sell the idea of a party somewhere else given the small size of my house, but she wanted a friend party at home. So what turned out to be 8 kids descended on my house this afternoon. I was expecting 6 but one that hadn't replied came with her younger brother. That caused a bit of chaos with the art project I had planned, as I was short the needed supplies. I felt bad, but there wasn't much I could do since I didn't know they were coming. Other than that things went smoothly. Chloe loves to choose a theme each year out of the birthday Express catalog, and this year she wanted a dog theme. We decorated bobble head dogs.



Played pin the tail on the dog (the kids decorated their tails first).




Played toss the dog bone into the dog bowl my version of a ring toss with felt dog bones. Then we ate dog cake.




and opened presents.


After everyone left I gave her the gifts from myself and other family members. She is now well stocked with new art projects. She can't wait to dig in to the pottery wheel from Auntie Kim and Uncle Louis. She was excited to try out the kids sized sewing machine I got her.


And both Alexa and Chloe both loved digging through the box of make believe sent by Aunt Andrea and Uncle Ryan. We are well stocked for a cold winter of indoor activities.






Now I need a couple of months to recover from that and get ready for Alexa's.

1 comment:

  1. Looks like a fun time. I don't even really have parties for my kiddos anymore. Well, here and there. Grant got one at the pumpkin stand this year cuz we were already there, so were the guests, and it was easy. You look like you put some real effort and love into it. Good mama.

    ReplyDelete