Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Birthday Prep

Alexa's birthday is coming up. She asked to havea party at home and has settled on a bee theme. She picked it out of a catalog. I think it fed into her never ending desrie to be warm and have Spring show up. Before she left for her dad's we listed out some game ideas that i told her I would work on while she was gone. I picked up some supplies yesterday and started my morning off today looking to create. The first task was to turn these items



Into a bowling game. As in "Bowl the Bee into the Flowers." Here is what I came up with.

I am not really sure that the styrofoam bee will pack enough power to knock over the pins (although they are pretty wobbly). I figure in a pinch we can use the ladybug kickball that she already has around the house.

I also created the board for "Toss the Bee into the Hive."

I was a little worried that the hive looked like... well... a pile of poop to be honest. So I added some bees in the background to help things along. I also cut out all the pieces and made a sample for our art project.

I will tackle painting the large bee for "Pin the Stinger on the Bee" another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment