Monday, February 14, 2011

Valentines Day

Ugh. This is my feeling about this holiday. I know it makes me sound cynical. It isn't the concept of love that makes me feel this way. I am a hopeless romantic really I am. I watch (and sob my way through) more love stories than I can count. I love love, really, honest. It is the forced you-have-to-do-something-for-me-because-the-whole-nation-says-you-have-to-today kind of thing that gets to me. Would you rather someone just did something for you because they wanted to? Not because the whole country is reminding them to? Obviously I am in the minority here as plenty of other people snatch up gobs of flowers, chocolates, and jewelry.

All that being said I still have my obligations of motherhood to fulfill this holiday. The kids made all their Valentines. I baked some brownies and sent them in to the respective locations for the parties. I have a cute stuffed dog set at the place for each of the girls at breakfast and snuck my little note and small gift into their lunch boxes for them to find when they ate. All the usually Valentine's Day treats.

For me though the best part of today came after I woke the girls up and headed downstairs to put the dog out. As I headed back up the stairs I found Alexa laying down at the top of the stairs in her pajamas. "What's the matter Boo, don't you feel good."

She curled around and looked at me with a smile, "Mommy, I am your Valentine."

That was probably just about the nicest Valentine that I could have every gotten. She was really proud to give me a card she made for me last week in school too. She hid it in her room so it would be a surprise.
"I wrote it all by myself. The teacher had the words up on the board and I copied them."


Pretty awesome huh? She made me another one at Linda's house today too.

What a sweet kid. She ended the day in her princess finery.



Hope you all had a lovely day.

1 comment:

  1. You have the love chocolate can't provide. Very lucky! Happy post valentines day.

    ReplyDelete