Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Snow Day

Mother nature is dumping a lot of snow on us today.
As a rare twist of luck both my school district and Chloe's canceled school the night before. Chloe's school almost never cancels due to bad weather and mine seems to be approaching a close second as of late. Knowing the night before that we didn't need to get up was wonderful indeed. Especially since when it does snow any large amount I have to get up at around 4:30AM to get my driveway shoveled so that I can get myself and then the kids ready for school. It is exceptionally nice not to go through all that and then get the call that you don't need to go to work.
We made sure to make the most of our snow day. I bundled them up...


and we headed outside for most of the afternoon. Here are some of our highlights:

Snow fort building,
trying out the swings,
pretending you are a sled dog,
wallowing in the snow,
digging a snow cave,
and Alexa tried out some skiing.

We, of course, finished up with hot chocolate.

No comments:

Post a Comment