Sunday, September 27, 2009

A Parade

Chloe's school had a parade down Church Street to announce their opening as a magnet school this year. It took place Thursday morning at 9:15. Since I was not able to go, my neighbors Doug and Marti went down to cheer for Chloe and took pictures. The parade finished at the Flynn Center, and the kids all attended a kick off celebration.




Check out the cute kid singing into her hand made megaphone behind the banner!




Along with my guest photographers today there is also a guest story teller...


Chloe's version of the events is as follows, " The two first grade classes were squished together in the front. I even saw people open their windows to see the parade. I had a really fun time. We walked to the Flynn Center. We saw people talk at the Flynn. Did you know that Lawrence Barnes School was an Academy too? It was really fun. My favorite part was when I saw some Wheeler kids up on the stage doing a dance. They were fourth grade or fifth grade. They did a really good job. There was really good music. I even got to be chosen for the lucky kid who got to go on stage. I was with Kamil and Stephanie. We performed a show called the River Alligators. I was the alligator. There was blue tape of the floor to show the river."

No comments:

Post a Comment