Wednesday, September 2, 2009

First Grade

Today Chloe began first grade. A few weeks ago when I received the letter about her placement and first day information, it mentioned that parents were welcome to come into the classroom on the first day for photos. The down side to me being a teacher is that I can not be there for this. I need to be in my own classroom welcoming my own students to the first day. I have written before about my wonderful neighbors who take care of Chloe after I leave for work and walk her to school for me. I asked then last night if they would take my camera and take pictures for me. They readily agreed and what follows (with a few exceptions that I took before we left home) were taken by Doug. Both he and Marty accompanied Chloe to school for the first day (usually they take turns walking her). It was a wonderful treat for Chloe and gave her that extra attention she needed on a day filled with nerves.

Chloe at home before leaving.


Washing toy animals at Doug and Marty's house before leaving for school. See how great they are? How many other people will let someone else's kid come into your house at 7 AM and play with water???

Walking to school with Marty.



Waiting in line on the playground to go to the new class. Chloe is a very nervous and anxious child. I took one look at her face in this picture and can read the anxiety. I imagine that she had a death grip on Marty's hand right there and I am so grateful that she was able to be there for her when I could not.

First grade here we come...


Aren't these amazing people? Marty's health has been not great lately to the point that last week they called me from the ER (I covered pet duties- the very least I could do). We are all hopeful that she will receive her operation soon and things will improve for her. I like to make fun of my neighborhood a lot (for obvious reasons) but they would be really hard to leave if I ever did decide to move.

5 comments:

  1. That almost made me cry--for you, for your neighbors being so sweet, for how fortunate your daughter is to have you all! What great people. I am so happy you have them in your life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Doug and Marty are just the best. Chloe does look really nervous...did she have a good day?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, if given the chance Chloe will complain about anything. I dug really deep with the questions and I would say, yes, she had a good day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Angela!
    It,s me, Sharon, in Austria. I have been trying to get on to my blog from Michelles computer without sucess. I may have to start this blog when I return from Europe. Anyway, Chloe looks precious. It,s fun to finally have a moment to check your blog. I miss Macy alot. Please hug her for me. I hope she is behaving. Drop me a line if you can. After paying for international service I am unable to get through on my phone. And ther is no one in Derry, Portland, or Burlington who sold me proper adaptors for my electronics!! Kiss the girls for me. tell them I hope to bring them something special. Give my regards to Marty. I am having an amazing time.
    love Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, The Shoes!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete