Monday, May 18, 2009

My cake decorators

An interesting thing about being a single mom is your birthday. Now really I have no desire to make a big deal about my birthday. My girls however are old enough and smart enough to realize I have a birthday. So it has become a small tradition for me to let them decorate my birthday cake. Which means, of course, that I have to bake my own cake. I will admit the first time I did that it had a rather... shall we say...pathetic air to it? At any rate this is the third year that I have done it so it gets less pathetic each time you do it, or at least that is what I keep telling myself. So, yesterday I let my cake decorators get to work. My birthday was actually Friday, but they were off with their dad for the weekend visiting Grammie so this was the best we could do. What follows is my cake. They decided I needed pink and purple icing and a cat. I did assist with the cat drawing and some lettering, but the rest is all them. Please note the candles too. There are 24 because that is what comes in the pack and that let off enough heat and smoke. Can you imagine what they would have done with 37?






No comments:

Post a Comment