Thursday, May 14, 2009

Cookie crazy

I volunteered to bake cookies for the school PTO bake sale tonight. It seemed like a good idea weeks ago when I check off the paper and sent it in. Tonight I assure you the last thing I feel like doing is baking cookies. Although I have taste tested a few- you know just to make sure they are safe. Today was one of those days at work where there are certain kids names you have said over and over again. To make it worse we had an event where parents came in to see the kids projects which means a lot of smiles, hand shakes, and small talk.

Small talk always makes my head spin. Sometimes I get a sort of out of body experience with small talk. Like I hear myself saying things and I think what the hell are you saying? Stop talking. But no I just keep rambling on. I find the entire thing exhausting. So I dropped Alexa off with her sister to have dinner with her dad and really wanted to come home and nap.

Luckily I am done training for the Key Bank marathon over (Memorial Day weekend) so I guilt free ducked out of a run in the rain and 35 mile per hour wind gusts. Cut exercise down to walking the dog, but I still must bake the cookies. Ah the cookies.

No comments:

Post a Comment