Friday, July 6, 2012

Art Day

The girls were working on an art project today.

Actually they have been working on this one for about three months now but yesterday I kicked it into high gear. Chloe asked a friend of mine who does mosaic art work if he had any left over supplies that she could work with. He happily lent her some, and she and Alexa sketched out pictures and started it. Then she stopped. They both did. And this bin of supplies sat on my floor for about three months. "It was a lot harder than I thought it would be she told me." And it was. They both had sketched really small pictures- even though I had suggested just creating a simple big design. They quickly became frustrated with the attempts to find the right shape and fit everything where they wanted it. This were set aside and all but forgotten I think until yesterday. Yesterday I stubbed my toe on the box and announced that either they were finishing these things or I was handing back the box. One way or another I was clearing it out. Well they decided to take a putty knife and scrape off (OK I did that part) the original attempts and start over with something bigger. The result was MUCH less frustration and after two days Chloe has hers all pieced together and Alexa is well on her way.
I don't know why no one listens to me about these things.

No comments:

Post a Comment