Wednesday, July 4, 2012

From Clouds to Flooding

The kids are spending the day with their dad. It was a pretty warm day (mid 80's) so around 6 I decided that I wanted to take a little bike ride. Some clouds had moved in and I felt like a ride to the lake to look at the sky. At the last minute I grabbed my camera, you know, just in case. I took some nice pictures at a few places along my ride.


I could see the dark clouds moving in and saw some lightening mixed with some distant rumbles. I knew that I had some time so I rode for a bit longer. Just past Leddy Arena I heard a louder rumble and a little voice said now.. it is time to turn back now. I turned my bike around and shifted up the gear. I made it home just as the rains started to fall. And then just after I got the bike in the shed the storm intensified to nothing I had ever seen.


Sheets of rain blowing down the street. I know it is blurry... but that is kind of what it looked like.

We had a tree come down at the corner of the street you can see it laying across the intersection and our street looked like a river.
It was over your ankles in the middle of the street.

I have never seen anything like the rain that fell in that half hour period. I think we got the entire summer's worth of rain in once 20 minute interval.

1 comment:

  1. It's good to listen to your little voice. Especially when it's accompanied by thunder.

    ReplyDelete