Saturday, June 16, 2012

Chloe's New Bike

Chloe finally decided it was time for a new bike today. She has needed one for awhile. However Chloe gets very attached to items and did not want to change from her old bike. It was way too small for her as she has grown so tall, but I wasn't about to argue with her over spending money on a new bike if she didn't want one. This week, however, something changed her mind that it was time. I have no idea what it was and likely it was just that she decided it was time instead of me suggesting it. At any rate we went to the used bike shop down the street to see if they had anything that she liked. Now I tried to convince her that a gear bike would be in her best interest, but she wanted nothing to do with it. Chloe wanted a one speed bike with pedal brakes. This is what she picked out.

It is a little big for her, but as the bike guy pointed out not by much. Given the rate she grows it will be a perfect fit by July. They gave it a good check over and attached the basket she wanted and she rode it home this afternoon.



I have to say the look fits her! I lowered the seat on her old bike and tried to interest Alexa in it, but she prefers this one...
Chloe told me, "You know Mommy half the time she doesn't even pedal." Um, yeah, I did know that.

No comments:

Post a Comment