Friday, August 12, 2011

End of the Summer reading Program

Wednesday evening was the celebration to end the summer reading program. They had a celebration on the library lawn and gave out the certificates and had the drawing for the prizes. Both girls found friends soon after we arrived and abandoned me. Alexa at least appeared to miss me as she kept running over to check in and drink my water.
Chloe did occasionally wave in my direction, but other than that pretended she didn't know me. I am OK with that as I feel it is good to assert your independence in safe areas. I did take a picture from afar and you can pick her out in the middle there.





Neither of the girls won one of the big prizes, but the did get some prizes attached to their certificates. They included a free bagel, chocolate, and book from various businesses on Church street. The next day we planned to head down so they could get their stuff. When we got home Chloe couldn't wait to dive into her new book.
Alexa started eating the bagel and then moved on to the chocolate.

Hey, we all have our priorities right?

No comments:

Post a Comment