Friday, May 13, 2011

Sock Hop

Tonight Chloe is attending a sock hop. It is with her Girl Scout troop. Troops from around the city are getting together. Originally her troops leader was going to have the girls make poodle skirts to wear. However, after talking to the woman who runs it she decided that the girls would get too hot in them She opted to have the girls decorate t-shirts to wear instead. This was a great idea. Everyone thought so. Everyone except Chloe. Who still wanted a poodle skirt. Sigh... So last weekend I spent my Mother's day (after calling my own mom to ask how) making a poodle skirt. I had her try the whole outfit on today before her dad picked her up as he will be dropping her off. There is also to be a swap during the dance. Where the girls made small items to swap with other girls. Chloe made these.







There are 20 of them there.



Each has a safety pin stitched to it. Chloe also begged me to make her a sash to pin the things she got in the swap to. So here she is outfitted with her sash.





I can't wait to see what she comes back with this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment