Saturday, May 14, 2011

Forever Sewing

I had my sewing machine out this week to make Chloe's poodle skirt. Whenever that happen the girls get the idea to ask me to create other things for them. We have a couple of bags of fabric scraps in the closet and they dig through picking out colors and fabrics that can be used in their creations. We were home together yesterday as Chloe was on the mend from a virus. This combination led to the latest mommy sewed creations.



Alexa wanted a penguin. Here is my attempt.


I thought it turned out OK given that I was requested to make a penguin free hand using fabric scraps and buttons. The Chloe asked for a cat. A CAT? I tried to point out that this was way harder than a penguin, who really looks like a fat bowling pin. She agreed to let me make non stuffed floppy legs to ease my suffering. In the end it turned out kind of cute.


Now, I shall go hind my sewing machine again for a couple of months.

1 comment: