Monday, January 24, 2011

A Snow Day for the Cold Day

When you live in the north you get use to cold winters. OK so maybe you don't get use to it, but you come accept it as an inevitable thing. Today was a bit extreme with temperatures of -11 registering on my car this morning and -3 at 1:30. It was enough to make you want to stay in bed. When I got up to shower at 5AM and discovered my cold water in the bathroom not working due to frozen pipes, I wished I had stayed in bed. So it was a nice turn of events at 6:20 when the phone rang and I found out that my school was closed today due to school buses not starting. I guess I wasn't the only one that didn't want to get out of bed. So after dropping Chloe off at school (we drove her) Alexa and I settled in to a day at home to wait for the plumber. We had a good day together and were even able to egt the pipes unfrozen all by ourselves. She did a lot of checking on her hamster (now named Cutie) and singing her way through a lot of activities. Here she was when I snuck up on her singing while painting her bird house.

1 comment: