Sunday, January 30, 2011

Dog Sled Races

Chloe has developed an obsession with sled dogs. I have no idea why, but she is completely taken with them. She is convinced that our dog can be a part of her grand plan of owning her own sled dog team. A few weeks ago I found out that there was to be a large sled dog race in northern Vermont. After looking on the web site I learned that, if they had a helmet, the children of the spectators would be able to ride on a one dog sled. Well, I knew that my Chloe would flip at this opportunity. I set to work tracking down a ski helmet to borrow. Luckily a friend of mine from work had one that her boys had outgrown. We were in business and we had a count down on our calendar to the fateful day. I was a little worried after picking the girls up from their dad's yesterday and finding out he had taken them already (it was a two day event) that they wouldn't still want to go, but they were adamant that they still wanted to go. It was a several hour drive to get there and a lot of layering up, but well worth it. As you can see they were quite taken with the whole thing.


I took a couple of videos that I will try to post as well. I thought I had one of both girls riding on the dog sled, but it turns out I seemed to have turned the camera on and then off for Chloe's. I took a couple of short clips of the dogs starting including one of a dog so excited to start he was jumping up and down. I hope they load OK.

As you can see they also enjoyed the wander through the deep snow too.

No comments:

Post a Comment