Monday, January 3, 2011

Ice Skating

The girls and I have been going ice skating the quite often the last month. We went over Thanksgiving for the first time and everyone loved it. Always looking for a chance to get them up and doing active things, I kept taking them almost every weekend. They like it so much I decided to buy them their own skates for Christmas. I also received new skates for me from my mom for Christmas as my old ones fell apart. Yesterday we took our new skates to a local rink to get them sharpened and try them out. It was a little bumpy going at first as the rink was really crowded and they only had one learning bar left to rent. Chloe was also really nervous and rather grumpy at first because the skates I purchased her were a bit different than the ones we had been renting for her. However everything worked out just fine and in the end everyone was happily whizzing around the ice and having a good time.


Now that our skates are sharpened we can also got o the local ponds for FREE and skate whenever the weather permits!

3 comments:

  1. There's just nothing like freshly sharpened skates to put a little zip in your day. Whee!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm looking out for some new skates too. I'm hoping the kids will actually do it once we get to the ice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...and you can crack open coconuts.

    ReplyDelete