Saturday, August 14, 2010

Things that Make Mommy Cry.. and Laugh

I wanted to call this post things that make Mommy cry. Chloe was adamant that we add the laugh part. I think my reaction was too painful for them. After all it has taken me an entire day to even be able to photograph and write about it. You see the girls came home from visiting their dad yesterday. They climbed out of the truck looking like this... 





Well, minus those sad faces. They were smiling. Up until the point that I said, "What happened to your hair?!" Apparently they got up one morning and decided they were bored so they cut their hair. Being that it was very uneven their dad decided to fix it. Thus, they now look like this. Needless to say I was near tears. I sat on the couch with them stammering things like, "Why would you do this? Oh my beautiful babies." and best of all, "Oh my God school starts in two weeks!" Alexa felt so ashamed she couldn't even lift her head out of my lap to look at me. They both kept telling me how sorry they were and that they wouldn't do it again.

I immediately began trying to figure out a way to fix it. Some way to send them out in the world and off to school without hair extending all of a half an inch on the front of their heads. So yesterday when we were out finishing up the back to school shopping we bought headbands. Nice, colorful, wide stretchy head bands.





Better. Of course each time they take them off and look at me Alexa says, "Don't cry OK Mommy?" I am trying... I really am.

1 comment:

  1. I want to comment but I don't even know what to say. The good thing is, I doubt they will ever try to cut their own hair again.

    ReplyDelete