Monday, August 2, 2010

Shower Time

So it seems we have come to the end of an era. I am sad to say that I didn't even know it was ending until it did. So I couldn't even have say a last photo to commemorate the event. For the past week the kids have been taking showers instead of a bath. And when I say "A" bath I mean exactly that. Up until last week my kids have been taking a bath together since Alexa was about 6 months old.


This picture was take in January of 2008. Alexa is not quite 2 and Chloe is 5.

To be honest it was getting to be a bit of a tight fit in there. The tub is only so big and they are growing at a steady clip. Really it was more of a time issue. I have just one me and two kids to clean each night. It was just most efficient to stuff them in there together and scrub them off. In the early years Alexa was the first to get out (for the obvious reasons). I would get her dressed and then get Chloe out and dressed while Alexa scooted (and later toddled) around the floor playing. When Alexa got older we took turns on which one got out and into pajamas first.

Last week I gave them both a shower. It was out of necessity really the tub full of water became... shall we say contaminated? and after cleaning the entire tub I was not going to wait to run a bath all over again. It was getting too late. So they took turns getting a shower. Alexa loved it. She thought it was great. Chloe has always been afraid of showers. She hates getting water in her face. But she toughed it out and even she says she likes the shower now. So there it is. No more tubbies together, and I for one am a little sad about it. However, I am glad to no longer have to run bath water every night!

1 comment:

  1. I lived this, too, Ang. In fact, we just finished the showers in succession for tonight.

    Look out, they'll really enjoy showers and sit and play forever there too.

    ReplyDelete