Sunday, February 14, 2010

Valentines Day

I am usually not a fan of Valentine's Day. It is nothing personal. It isn't like I dislike romance or love or anything. On the contrary really, I tend to be a victim of my own optimism where that stuff is concerned. Always believing the best in someone only to find out that I completely misread the entire situation. It can make a girl cynical to say the least, but that isn't why I have such an aversion to the day. I will spare anyone the entire story as it digs a little too deep into things no one really needs to know. In any event I put aside my desire to shout, "Bah Humbug" at the entire day and headed out and about. I present to you my dates for this Valentine's Day.


The girls and I attended the Boogie Wonderland Family Dance Party at Higher Ground today. We had a great time. Alexa found two of her preschool friends to dance with (one of her teachers was the DJ) and Chloe was rather amazed with the spotlight and making shadow puppets.



I have been to a fair number of concerts at Higher Ground and I have to say it is pretty funny to see them serving juice boxes from the bar. The combination of the Sesame Street theme song being played with "I Love Rock and Roll" and "Mickey" were pretty entertaining. In the end we are all for dancing and being able to munch on macaroni and cheese when you get hungry.
I am thinking we boogied our way to an early bed time tonight!

1 comment:

  1. What charm little dates. Sounds like a fun time.

    I could take or leave Valentine's Day. I find it silly.

    ReplyDelete