Monday, February 8, 2010

Cavity Free and the New Me!

Starting off Monday morning by taking the kids to the dentist is not my favorite activity. For starters Chloe has been know to be a screamer which, I tell you, gets down right humiliating. Alexa on the other hand loves the dentist. She was so excited yesterday when I told her we were going. "Oh I just love it there! It is so much fun." The exact opposite of her sister you slumped in the chair and frowned.

Turns out it all just needed a little perspective for Chloe. I told her it could not possibly be as be as bad as the entire hospital visit and the IV. And for one of the few times in her life... she actually agreed with me. She got through the whole thing x-rays, cleaning, fluoride treatment with hardly a complaint. I tell you I have never been more proud. She was her happy bubbly chatty self. I think the hygienist was shocked too. We left with this (the title just kills me!)...
and a whole new stock of stickers, rubber snakes, and plastic rings from the prize box. I am also thrilled that they are both free of any cavities.


On a different note. I picked Alexa up from daycare and she presented me with this.
Is that not the cutest thing? They made them today. The best part? She says it is me! See the eyelashes? Apparently she decided to make the love bug look like mommy so it needed eyelashes. I am so honored. I think I look rather spiffy as a bug.

2 comments:

  1. Was that ladybug born with those eyelashes? Or are they from Maybelline?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am lucky--all four kids have always been good at the dentist. I remember sweating it out with each one, worried they would be THE one.

    ReplyDelete