Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Flooding

This week has been a series of hot muggy days followed by afternoon thunderstorms. Yesterday was no exception. Although the storm yesterday was far more intense than the other have been so far. I heard one unofficial report from a friend with a rain gauge that we got three inches in an hour. That seems about right. We lost power here at my house too. I took some pictures of the aftermath. The street was entirely flooded. The girl down the street was racing up and down and reported that the cross street had water up to her knees. She is eight so take that height adjustment into consideration, but still it was pretty intense for a while here.
I had just redone this garden area. Last time I put flower seeds down and we had a big rain and most of them were swept into the street. I redid it and put grass seed down figuring it would just be easier. I am not sure how much grass seed is left. I think most of it washed down the street again.
Apparently there are more storms forecast for today with another 1-2 inches of rain possible. We may need the beach floaties in the backyard soon.

1 comment:

  1. Huh. Out here we've only gotten three inches of rain all year. And none since April. Happy swimming!

    ReplyDelete