Sunday, March 31, 2013

Easter

I thought I was so efficient. The kids were visiting their dad and wouldn't be back until Sunday. I thought I would just hide the eggs Saturday afternoon. Then they would be all done and I would be able to get a run in before picking them up. Silly me. I hadn't counted on the squirrels. I woke up to find chewed plastic eggs strewn all over the yard. "I found a chewed egg in my driveway," my neighbor shared. Yeah. Me too. Only I found about 20. Who knew squirrels had such a love of chocolates? Off I went at 9:30 on Easter morning to the Rite Aid to find more eggs and chocolates. I wanted to tell the cashier, " I was not this unprepared! I was ruined by squirrels." But let's be real, he didn't really care. This time I hid them just minutes before going to pick them up.
"You guys are going to want to head right out and hunt eggs when you get home," I told them, "The squirrels got some of the ones the Easter Bunny left."
"I found lots Mom, I don't think the squirrels got hardly any."
Ha! If they only knew.

No comments:

Post a Comment