Sunday, December 19, 2010

Gingerbread Men

Alexa came home from preschool the other day, and asked if we could make gingerbread men. Apparently her teacher had made playdough for the kids to use and added ginger, nutmeg, and cinnamon to it. That way it smelled like gingerbread. Alexa thought it smelled good enough to eat, so she wanted us to make some of the real stuff. I actually had never made gingerbread dough before. I found a recipe this morning and mixed it up. My plan was for the kids to be able to make them when they got home from their dad's house. It was then that I noticed that you needed to refrigerate it for four hours. I decided to distract them while the dough chilled by taking them ice skating. When we got back things were nicely chilled and we got to work. My trusty helper ...


I had to do the rolling out as the dough is really hard.


They cut out a lot of gingerbread men!


They only took about ten minutes to bake and then they set to decorating.



Alexa wants to save hers to give to Santa, but in the end they both had no problem eating them. It turned out to be a good recipe and not one of them tried to run away!

1 comment:

  1. Of course they didn't run away - Super Puppy would have stopped them anyway.

    ReplyDelete