Monday, December 27, 2010

The Christmas Wait

This is my first Christmas without the girls. Up until this year they have spent the last three Thanksgivings with their dad and Christmas with me. This year we switched that. The girls will be home on the 29th for us to have our Christmas together. So right now our Christmas tree looks like this...

and has since Christmas Eve. Santa has come and I promised the girls that I would wait until they came home to open anything. It has been a little odd to say the least. They will, however, be home soon and we will have our Christmas together.

Along this theme I found it really cute that Chloe came home from school on Wednesday having written this poem about our Christmas tree.



She is right. It has about another week and the tree will be out to the curb for the truck to come pick it up. Destined to become wood chips.

No comments:

Post a Comment