Wednesday, August 15, 2012

A Renovation

Chloe has been wanting to redo her room. Apparently the Winnie the Pooh wallpaper is getting old for someone entering fourth grade.


So while we were away on vacation I hired a friend to rip out the old wood paneling that was under the wallpaper and Sheetrock the walls. He did, and since we returned home, we have been primering and painting the walls.

I am pretty sure my sister is wondering how she ended up painting a room while on vacation.

I let Chloe choose her own color and curtain fabric. She is thrilled with the way it turned out even though the rest of it find it a bit much.

At this point the room is 95% done. We still need to rehang somethings on the walls.  There are moments that I stand in wonder that this is the color of a room in my house, but it makes her happy to have made the choice and gotten to create her own space. Plus I know it can be painted over with a can of paint. Well, maybe two cans that stuff is really dark.

No comments:

Post a Comment