Friday, April 1, 2011

The Memo Board

This is my refrigerator. There is nothing exciting in any way about this except, maybe, the amount of stuff on the door. I don't mind. In fact, I encourage it. The freezer is where I keep all my favorite quotes that have motivated me and nurtured me through some tough times. The newest feature on the door is the memo board. I ordered it in a fundraiser from Chloe's school. They have this fundraiser that they have done for two years now where they have your child draw a picture, and then you can buy things with their arts on it. A total suckers way to make money. I have a hard time saying no to things with my child's art on it. So this year a I bought a memo board. I thought it would come in handy to jot down the odd item that I need to pick up from the store each week. It has worked quite well. Alexa has really gotten into it. To the degree that I taped a copy of the alphabet above it so that when she asks me how to spell things for her to write up there, she will remember how to shape the letters. She has added things such as yogurt squeezers, pumpkin bread, and watermelon. Chloe hasn't paid much attention to the memo board. Well, until this week that is. I headed into the kitchen yesterday when I got home from work and noticed this...





Alexa had written the fruit punch up on Wednesday. Chloe has since added the vanilla ice cream, candy bars, cholot (chocolate) bunnys, and coco crisp now imiditly! (immediately).


Well, a kid can dream I guess.

2 comments: